At Phyx You Physiotherapy we have Physiotherapists that have a passion for, and specliase in Rehabilitation and Neurological Physiotherapy.
We treat a range of conditions which includes (but is not limited to):
Spinal cord injury
Traumatic brain injury
How can we help you?
Our rehabilitation services and equipment
Your Physiotherapist will provide a thorough assessment to determine the best treatment for you. Some of our specialised services we use include:
We use Clinical Pilates reformers and equipment to give resistance, build strength, improve flexibility. This is great for any level as resistance can be made light or firm depending on your level.
We have gym set ups at our both our locations. Our gym equipment includes
- Bikes and treadmills for cardiovascular fitness and walking retraining
- Weights (including dumbells and cable machines) used to perform all different types of exercise to help build your strength and endurance
The Power Plate uses vibrations to increase the workload in the muscle when performing exercises and rehab which can increase the intensity of the session
Aims to restore functional and pain-free movement patterns through neuromuscular stimulation and correcting movement patterns. The redcord treatment focuses on muscle interaction and the cause of the problems, not just the symptoms. The sling suspension exercises are for all ages and physical fitness levels.
A water based therapy session in which we focus on unloading your body and getting you moving easier and moving correctly. It can be a great way to improve strength, flexibility and balance in a supportive environment.
We have a range of exercise classes available run by our Physiotherapists and Exercise Physiologists. These classes include:
- Lungs in Action
- Diabetes Class
- Group Exercise Class (including Pilates exercises with the Pilates reformers)
Depending on your level we will find the most appropriate class for you. Group classes can be a great addition to your Physiotherapy Rehab sessions as they provide an extra opportunity for exercise and activity in a supported social environment.
What is the NDIS?
NDIS stands for the National Disability Insurance Scheme. The NDIS aims to help people under 65 with disability get care and supports. It helps provide these people with the reasonable and necessary supports they need to enjoy an ordinary life.
- Gaining access to therapy (Physiotherapy, Occupational Therapy, Speech Pathology etc if deemed necessary)
- Assisting the person to achieve their goals
- Improving independence. Independent means you can do things by yourself. For example, changes to your bathroom so you can shower yourself.
Increasing community involvement ie join a group for socialisation or hobbies
- Assisting in getting a job
- Getting equipment – ie wheelchair or a communication device
- Gaining carers and support workers
There are certain rules on who can be a participant of the NDIS. These include
- Were born in Australia or have permeant citizenship
- Under 65 years of age
- Have a permanent disability (this means the disability will not go away)
How can Phyx You Physiotherapy help you with your NDIS plan?
At Phyx You we can help you at any stage of your plan. We can help with: